Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Story Bit 4:365

I was a purple clad Viking lover, red white and blue flag waving, parade loving, three foot celebration of a tale. The tale that filled up my dreaming life was the one told about a lake house in North Dakota. 

I dreamt of flying above the lake like a Canadian goose.  I then would go over the Canadian Rockies and feel the ragged cliffs under my wing. 

Only I was wearing cute little mouse ears on my head. I was told that if I wore the hat my dreams would surely come true; kind of like Dumbo holding onto that feather, I could dream big when I wore my Mickey Mouse Club hat.  M.I.C-K.E.Y. Because we love you! M.O.U.S.E.  Mickey Mouse forever wave your banner high...then my dreams would switch and I would be in a Sun Fish boat sailing in the gulf of Mexico.   The surface of the gulf was not crstaline, and the waves threatened to pull my small boat down. down down.  I would be washed away from the safety of my boat... and fall fall fall ending up collecting rocks from the bottom of the Gulf. And then I would begin swimming, at first I went too fast and had to tread water just to catch my breath.

My body felt like a hundred pounds was pulling me to my grave deep beneath the sea.   But then I would pray and promise to be a good child if only I could get through this...promising God to respect my parents more and then I would be stuck in a net.  I could not get out and as I tried harder and harder the net began to tangle around my naked body.  There was no escape...buzz buzz buzz the alarm sounded and I awoke catching my breath.(this is a rewrite from an earlier post on Tending Turnips in da 863.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment