Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hebrews 4:14-5:10 English Standard Version (ESV) 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
He boldly stood before the threshhold repeating to himself the old hymn:



"I will enter his grace with trembling in my heart.
I will enter his grace with praise.
I will rejoice for he has made me glad.
I will enter his gates with praise.
I will rejoice for he has made me glad."



The congregation he had been part of echoed in the chamber of his mind.   He looked into the infinite space and trembled.   The congregation built his courage up.   "He has made me glad... I will enter his gates with praise." He repeated to himself as he was terrified at the emptiness that laid before him past his green spaceship.    He remembered the pastor talking of the "LORD's Shekinah Glory".
  He had gone through the ritual of purification, for he had to be pure to enter the LORD's infinite temple.   His natural self would never be allowed in this space.  But he was ready to commune with the LORD in the infinite space of his temple.  
So he thought, "Have I done enough? Am I ready to enter?  Will I return back home?" But doubt trembled inside... as he took a step into infinite space.

No comments:

Post a Comment